Valuable Articles and Collections
Whether a client’s passion is jewelry, fine art, antiques or nearly any other collectable, Chubb Personal Insurance has the right coverage, sufficient limits and the long-standing expertise to help protect what many prize the most.
Chubb insures some of the world’s largest and most significant collections and can insure schedules of nearly any size.
Click below for information on the advantages of a Chubb Valuable articles policy.
Chubb Advantage: Why You Need a Chubb Valuable Articles Policy For Your Jewelry and Collections
Chubb Advantage: The Value of Art and Antiques Insurance
Chubb Advantage: Understanding Valuable Articles Insurance
Complimentary In-home Appraisals
Chubb offers complimentary home appraisals for many of the homes that they insure. A home appraisal can help your client to:
- Estimate the cost to rebuild the home in its entirety
- Document features of their home with measurements, photos, and a detailed description, which serve as a permanent record in the event of a loss.
- Provide suggestions to reduce the potential for fire, flood, and other causes of loss, including the risk of damage from wildfire, hurricane, earthquake or other natural disasters.
Click here for the Chubb Appraisal video
Complimentary Chubb Wildfire Defense Solutions
Chubb offers a unique additional layer of possible protection from the threat of wildfires as part of Masterpiece® homeowners coverage in select states and jurisdictions. Chubb works with Wildfire Defense Systems, a leading fire management organization, to deploy unique loss mitigation services to the properties of enrolled policyholders when a wildfire threatens, that could save a home from a devastating wildfire loss.
To find out more about this unique Chubb advantage, please click here: Chubb Wildfire Defense Solutions
Group Personal Excess Liability
Chubb Personal Insurance offers a unique employee benefit that allows employers to help their key employees or partners protect their hard-earned assets – at competitive group rates.
Many individuals are aware that a personal excess or “umbrella” policy is necessary to cover their personal assets at the appropriate limit. A Group Personal Excess Liability program from Chubb Personal Insurance allows employers to offer these “umbrella” policies to select employees or partners at lower rates than most individual excess policies, with potentially higher available limits and fewer underwriting questions.
Masterpiece® Employment Practices Liability Coverage
Masterpiece® Employment Practices Liability Coverage can address your clients' specific liability needs if they currently employ five or fewer employees at all residential locations, and carry $5 million or more personal or excess liability insurance with Chubb. This coverage helps protect your client if they are accused of wrongful termination, sexual harassment or employment discrimination. For more EPL product information, click here.
Chubb Masterpiece® Auto Preference®
Smart solutions for better cars. Your client didn't choose an ordinary car. Why insure it with a mass-market policy? If your client is in an accident and their car is damaged beyond repair, there's a good chance that a cut-rate policy won't cover the cost of acquiring a new car. Is your client prepared to pay the difference?
They shouldn't have to. Masterpiece® Auto Preference® offers you coverage that can save your client substantial out-of-pocket costs and options that give them more control over their insurance.
- Agreed Value Option. Your client and Chubb can agree on a value and lock it in for a full year. That's the exact amount your client will receive if their car is stolen or totaled in a covered loss. Never mind the "book" value. Chubb even waives the deductible. No haggling, no depreciation, no deductible, no problem.
- Up to $5,500 Loss-of-use Coverage. If your client’s car is disabled because of a covered loss, Chubb will pay the costs of renting a vehicle similar in size to your client’s car. If a covered loss occurs more than 50 miles away from their nearest residence, we'll also cover reasonable meals, lodging and telephone expenses. There is no per-day maximum and no time limit.
- Rental Car Damage Coverage. When your client rents a car, they’ll be automatically covered for damage to rental vehicles they drive and for other damage expenses the rental company may charge them, which can be substantial. There's no additional charge for the coverage and no deductible. Other auto policies typically cover only physical damage, usually with a deductible.
It's insurance for people who know cars and understand money. Click here to learn more about ChubbMasterpiece Auto Preference.
Condos, Co-Ops & Renters
A Homeowners Policy for Condominiums, Co-operatives and Renters
Conventional wisdom may say that condominium owners and renters only need to insure their personal belongings. After all, your client doesn't own the walls. But Chubb suggests that your client check their lease or the by-laws of their association.
Your client may in fact need to insure aspects of his dwelling, such as: additions and alterations, floor coverings, built-in bookcases, bathroom fixtures and the like. Chubb's Deluxe Condominium, Cooperative and Renters policies will provide the coverages he won't usually find in other policies, such as:
- All-risk coverage. Standard policies only provide coverage for a few causes of loss, but Chubb provides all-risk coverage to help protect your client against many types of perils, except for those listed as exclusions, such as flood and nuclear war.
- Full replacement costs for contents. Your client can choose Chubb's full replacement cost coverage for her belongings. No deductions, no depreciation.
- Additions and alterations. Chubb will insure additions and alterations to your client's unit for up to 10% of his contents limit automatically. Higher limits of coverage are available as well.
- Coverage for unit assessments. If there's an assessment charged to all unit owners as a result of a covered loss, Chubb will pay up to $50,000 of your client's share in most cases.
- More coverage for cherished items. Chubb provides higher special limits than a standard policy for jewelry, silver, furs, and money or bank notes. For example, while a typical policy offers only up to $1,000 for jewelry, silver and furs, Chubb covers your client for up to $5,000 per category.